Seneca Casino Parking Garage - Salamanca NY

The Seneca Allegany Gaming Commission opened its temporary casino in Salamanca, NY in 2004 with plans for a parking garage, hotel, and permanent casino to be built in 2005 and 2006. The L. C. Whitford Co., Inc. submitted a proposal under a joint venture with E. R. W. Enterprises (a registered Seneca business) for the design and construction of the 8 level, 2000 car, 688,000 square foot precast parking garage early in 2005.

Utilizing A. H. Sample, Ottsville, PA as the precast engineer, the design began immediately. Between August 4 and December 17, the precasting of all 1461 pieces had been completed ahead of schedule. This included (81) 10' double tees, (111) light walls, (594) 15' double tees, (45) 1-pc and 2-pc interior columns, (6) transfer girders, spandrels, shear-walls, columns, stair and elevator walls, floors, and treads and landings.

The Company certainly could not have maintained the production and shipping schedules without the contribution of the many employees responsible for the special parking garage operations. This included setting up the new casting operations, getting PCI certification, manufacturing 50 pieces a week without disrupting the facility's DOT beam casting schedule, coordinating the permitting, trucking, and delivery of an average of 20 pieces of precast daily, weighing up to 43 tons, and measuring up to 15' x 60' x 3'.